- Langham Hotel Boston
- Onyx Hotel Boston - small, luxury boutique hotel, close to quincy market and The Garden, allows pets
Boutique Hotel BostonBesides the Onyx Hotel above , check out the Jurys Hotel Boston which is in a convenient location in the Back Bay area, nice rooms.
Inexpensive Boston HotelsHoliday Inn Express Boston is a decent hotel with large rooms, breakfast included and good price. The other reccommendation for cheap hotels in Boston is consider a B&B, instead....
Bed and Breakfast in BostonFor the best value, try the Carruth House which is about 20 minute train ride from nearby station. It is a lovely old home with friendly host. Another reasonable choice is the Nolan House B&B in South Boston. This charming bed and breakfast is a short bus ride to downtown Boston.
For a little more of a splurge, check out Encore Bed and Breakfast Ph. 617-247-3425, set in a charming neighborhood of rowhouses. This is a modern, comfortable home in the trendy South End with restaurants, shops and a T Station nearby.
Charles Street Inn would be the place for a very special occasion or romantic getaway. It has Victorian suites with fireplaces, whirlpool bathtubs and antique furniture.
Boston Things to Do
- Freedom Trail - historic walking tour of Boston, you can do just part of it on your own or take a tour
- Duck Tours - unique and fun tour of the city, by land and water (a quick dip in the Charles river!)
- Museums - Museum of Fine Art, Museum of Science (the kids will love this one) and New England Aquarium (another kids favorite)
- Fenway Park is the oldest Major League baseball park in the U.S.
- Charles River - take a walk along the river at sunrise or sunset
- The Public Garden - beautiful place to relax and famous for the Swan Boats from the children's book, Make Way for Ducklings (my all time favorite!)
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace - fun, lively atmosphere with lots shops and food choices
- Urban AdvenTours - bike tours through Boston's quaint neighborhoods
- The North End - Italian neighborhood with narrow streets, lots of restaurants and shops
- Beacon Hill - beautiful cobblestoned neighborhood of narrow, hilly streets, gardens and expensive row houses
Boston Side TripsIf you have a car on your Massachusetts vacation, take a trip to the Concord and Lexington area. The countryside is beautiful and there are many historical sights including the Old North Bridge in Corcord and Minuteman Monument in Lexington at the sight of the first Battle of the Revolutionary War. Concord is a lovely quaint New England Town.
Another option is one hour North on the coast to Rockport, a charming seaside town or 1 1/2 hour south to the beautiful harbor town of Newport Rhode Island. Don't forget Cape Cod....it is only an hour or two from Boston, so it could be a fun day trip to the beach.
For a romantic weekend getaway try Mama Maria set in a brick townhouse in Boston's North End with its intimate atmostphere and Northern Italian dishes. The Mistral Bistro has great food and service.
Best seafood restaurants include Boston Barking Crab which is casual and the Atlantic Fish Company with its lovely outdoor patio.
Lunch at Kelly's Roast Beef in Revere, famous for its huge roast beef sandwiches...try the onion strings. Ethnic options include Brown Sugar Cafe for Thai food and Salsa's Mexican Grill in South Boston for authentic Mexican food.
Shopping in BostonAs you can imagine, there are loads of shopping options on your Boston weekend getaway. Some suggestions....Back Bay with its many shops and malls in Prudential Center and Copley Place, Newbury Street with many fun boutiques and Charles Street for antiques.
- Have you been to Boston before? Do you have a favorite hotel or attraction that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your Boston getaway, tell us about it. You can even share a photo from your trip.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.