....a beautiful Cotswolds village
It also is the meeting point of 8 roads.
It was an important and prosperous market town in medieval times.
It's central location makes it a great base for weekend breaks in England or England vacations.
There are plenty of things to do in the Cotswolds nearby ....as well as being a great place to just relax and rejuvenate.
The Old Market Square is actually rectangular shaped and surrounded by shops, pubs, restaurants and hotels.
There are narrow "walled alleys" which were used to direct the sheep toward the marketplace.
Public Transportation to Stow in the Wold
- If you are staying in London and don't want to rent a car but would just like a "taste" of the beautiful English villages of The Cotswolds for a night or two....consider the following.
- Take a train from London's Paddington Station or National Express Bus from London's Victoria Coach Station to Moreton in Marsh.
- Transfer to a Pulhams Bus Company Coach to Stow-on-the-Wold.
Hotels Stow on the WoldCheck out prices and availability on this Stow on the Wold Great Britian Hotel City page.
- Wyck Hill House Hotel - elegant 18th century beautiful Manor House hotel with 32 rooms in Main Hotel and Coach-House Annex and Orangery.
- Grapevine Hotel - Cotswolds Hotel with rural charm and intimacy, 22 comfortable rooms.
- Stow Lodge Hotel - 01451/830-344, on Village Square, 21 nicely appointed rooms, gardens
- Fosse Manor Hotel - 22 rooms, landscaped garden with lily pond, restaurant/pub
- Royalist Hotel - Oldest Inn in the country, 12 rooms with exposed beams, lovely furnishings two-floor Maugersbury Suite with jacuzzi bath perfect for Romantic Breaks in England, restaurant/pub
- The Old Stocks Hotel - 01451 830-666, 16th century - Old English ambience, 18 rooms, restaurant/pub
- More Cotswolds Hotels
Bed Breakfast Cotswolds
- South Hill Farmhouse B&B - Charming stone Cotswold farmhouse 10 minute walk from Stow on the Wold.
- Cross Keys Cottage B&B - 17th century Cotswold cottage B&B.
- More Cotswolds Bed and Breakfast
Cotswolds Cottages in Stow-on-the-Wold
- Little Barnfield
- Bottom End Cottage - 0208 8988827, stone cottage 5 minutes from Market Square.
Restaurants and Pubs
- Royalist (in Royalist Hotel) - Oldest pub in the Country - wooden beams from 1000 years ago.
- King'Arms Pub and Restaurant
- Queen's Head
- Eagle and Child Restaurant
- Greedy's Fish and Chips
- Prince of India Restaurant
- Coffee House - soup and salad
- The Ploug Inn - in interesting building located 4 miles from Stow on Tewkesbury Road
Cotswold CollectiblesIf you are looking for Cotswold Antique Dealers, this is the best place to find them. It has become a well know destination for Antique lovers from all over. There are over 60 Cotswold Antique Dealers in town. Here are the names of a few more popular ones:
- Anthony Preston Antiques, Ltd - The Square
- Baggott Church Street, Ltd. - Church Street
- Woolcomber House - Sheep Street
- huntington's Antiques, Ltd. - Church Street
Sights to See and Things to Do
- Market Cross in The Square - to remind Christian Merchants to trade fairly
- St. Edward's Church - from Saxon times, current building from the 15th century. History on brochures inside the church.
- Shopping - There are numerous shops in this charming town - many surrounding the large Market Square
- Cotswold Walks to the following nearby villages:
- Upper Swell and Lower Swell
- Upper Slaughter and Lower Slaughter
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.