A Dallas Vacation is a great choice for Texas getaways if you are looking for a cosmopolitan city.
There is fantastic shopping, many excellent restaurants, luxurious hotels and a variety of sights to see....great for Texas weekend getaways.
Looking for a girls getaway?
Consider Dallas as an option....shop and pamper yourself, Texan-style.
When to visit: The Dallas weather is hot and humid over the summer months. Winter brings highs in the 50's and 60's (not bad for those from the Northern climates). Spring or Fall is a good time for a Dallas vacation....note, though, that May and October are the rainiest months.
Hotels in Dallas
There are many top-rated, luxury Dallas hotels. Here are some favorites:
- Hotel Adolphus, an elegant, historical, Opulent Baroque-style hotel
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, a sophisticated hotel with spacious and tastefully appointed rooms and a top-rated restaurant
Family AccommodationsStaybridge Suites Galleria Dallas is a good value for your family Dallas vacation with its spacious suites and free breakfast.
Find the best deal, compare prices, and read what other travelers have to say about the best hotels in Dallas.
Dallas Bed and Breakfast
Corinthian Bed and Breakfast is a historical house which has been beautifully restored with a warm and intimate feel.
Here are some of the sights to see and things to do on a Dallas vacation:
- JFK assassination sites
- Sixth Floor Museum - films, audio clips, minute by minute detail of the assissination of JFK
- Conspiracy Museum - detailing the many conspiracy theories around the assissination
- Kennedy Memorial sculpture
- Nasher Sculpture Center - 2001 Flora St. - great small museum, beautiful outdoor sculpture garden
- Dallas Museum of Art - world tour of decorative and fine art
- Fair Park with the Dallas Aquarium and 4 museums
- Women's Museum
- Museum of Nature and Science
- African American Museum
- Museum of American Railroad
- Neiman Marcus - the original store and a downtown landmark
- West Village - in the heart of uptown with lots of trendy stores
- Highland Park Village - high-end boutique stores
- Galleria - complete with ice rink and hotels
On a romantic Dallas vacation, try The French Room at 1321 Commerce St., great service and ambiance or Grape at 2802 McKinney Ave., which has an intimate "European neighborhood bistro" ambiance.
The Taverna, 3210 Armstrong Ave., is a casual Italian restaurant with great food....popular and sometimes crowded. The Breadwinners Cafe & Bakery at 3301 McKinney Ave. a casual option for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Seafood lovers....try the S&D Oyster Company, 2701 McKinney Ave., and check out the BBQ shrimp. Angry Dog, 2726 Commerce St., is a reasonably priced bar and grill with good burgers. Shoppers, check out the Zodiac Restaurant on the 6th floor of Neiman Marcus for soup, salad or a sandwich.
Nearby Ft. Worth has a different feel from Dallas and if there's time, might be worth a visit. Sundance Square, in the heart of the walkable downtown, has plenty of theaters, shops and restaurants.
The Cultural District has 5 major museums:
- Amon Carter Museum with its pre-1945 American Paintings
- Kimbell Art Museum has European and pre-Columbian Art
- National Cowgirl museum with state of the art exhibits, interactive, theaters with videos
- Cattle Raisers Museum of Science & Hisory includes fossils, dinosaurs, planetarium and a Imax theater.
For more information on trips to the Lone Star State, check out Texas Weekend Getaways.
- Have you been to Dallas before? Do you have a favorite hotel or attraction that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your getaway, tell us about it. Review the destination, lodging, attractions, restaurants and/or share a photo.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.