A Colorado Springs Vacation is a great choice any time of year.
There is skiing in winter and many outdoor activities and sights to see the rest of the year.
This beautiful city has a fantastic setting nestled below towering Pike's Peak.
The many attractions and outdoor activities in the area make for a favorite Colorado family vacation.
Colorado Springs has its own airport or you can fly into Denver and it is about 1 1/2 hour drive.
Hotels in Colorado Springs
- The Broadmoor Hotel - luxurious 5 star resort, beautiful grounds, spa and 3 golf courses, perfect for a Colorado romantic weekend getaway or girls getaway
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort - great central location to sights, rooms with balconies and great views, pool
- San Ayre Hotel- Cozy place with charm, boutique type hotel, friendly owners
- SpringHill Suites South- complimentary breakfast, pool, exercise room, great for Colorado family vacation
- Candlewood Suites - friendly staff, comfortable rooms, moderate prices, continental breakfast, fitness center
- Hyatt Place Hotel Garden of the Gods - spacious rooms, complimentary continental breakfast, pool
- Airport Value Inn and Suites - cheap $50, clean, simple
Colorado Springs Bed and BreakfastSummit House Inn is a lovely Colonial Revival home, intimate, elegant furnishings and reasonable rates. Holden House 1902 B&B - Ph. 719-471-3980, a historic home, with nice amenities and afternoon wine.
Colorado Springs Vacation Attractions
- Garden of the Gods - unusal red sandstone formations, hiking and climbing, Rock Ledge Historic Site is 1880's preserved ranch
- U.S. Olympic Complex - watch athletes in training, best times 10-11am and 3-4pm
- World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame - traces the history of figure skating through film and photos
- U.S. Air Force Academy - There is a great tour available of this wonderful campus with lots of information on the school and its history. Don't miss the spectacular chapel!
- Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame - douments the history of American rodeo
- Pike's Peak Cog Railway to summit - roundtrip is 3 1/4 hours with 40 minutes at the 14,100 foot summit, departs from Manitou Springs depot
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum - history of area set in the restored 1903 Paso County Courthouse
Be sure and check out my other pages on Denver, Rocky Mountain National Park and Vail.
Enjoy your Colorado Springs vacation. This breathakingly beautiful part of the country inspired the writing of "America the Beautiful"!
- Have you been to Colorado Springs? Do you have a favorite place to stay or activity that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your getaway, tell us about it. Review the lodging, attractions, restaurants and/or share a photo.
Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.