A Colorado Springs Vacation is a great choice any time of year.
There is skiing in winter and many outdoor activities and sights to see the rest of the year.
This beautiful city has a fantastic setting nestled below towering Pike's Peak.
The many attractions and outdoor activities in the area make for a favorite Colorado family vacation.
Colorado Springs has its own airport or you can fly into Denver and it is about 1 1/2 hour drive.
Hotels in Colorado Springs
- The Broadmoor Hotel - luxurious 5 star resort, beautiful grounds, spa and 3 golf courses, perfect for a Colorado romantic weekend getaway or girls getaway
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort - great central location to sights, rooms with balconies and great views, pool
- San Ayre Hotel- Cozy place with charm, boutique type hotel, friendly owners
- SpringHill Suites South- complimentary breakfast, pool, exercise room, great for Colorado family vacation
- Candlewood Suites - friendly staff, comfortable rooms, moderate prices, continental breakfast, fitness center
- Hyatt Place Hotel Garden of the Gods - spacious rooms, complimentary continental breakfast, pool
- Airport Value Inn and Suites - cheap $50, clean, simple
Colorado Springs Bed and BreakfastSummit House Inn is a lovely Colonial Revival home, intimate, elegant furnishings and reasonable rates. Holden House 1902 B&B - Ph. 719-471-3980, a historic home, with nice amenities and afternoon wine.
Colorado Springs Vacation Attractions
- Garden of the Gods - unusal red sandstone formations, hiking and climbing, Rock Ledge Historic Site is 1880's preserved ranch
- U.S. Olympic Complex - watch athletes in training, best times 10-11am and 3-4pm
- World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame - traces the history of figure skating through film and photos
- U.S. Air Force Academy - There is a great tour available of this wonderful campus with lots of information on the school and its history. Don't miss the spectacular chapel!
- Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame - douments the history of American rodeo
- Pike's Peak Cog Railway to summit - roundtrip is 3 1/4 hours with 40 minutes at the 14,100 foot summit, departs from Manitou Springs depot
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum - history of area set in the restored 1903 Paso County Courthouse
Enjoy your Colorado Springs vacation. This breathakingly beautiful part of the country inspired the writing of "America the Beautiful"!
- Have you been to Colorado Springs? Do you have a favorite place to stay or activity that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your getaway, tell us about it. Review the lodging, attractions, restaurants and/or share a photo.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.