Consider a historic walking tour on your Santa Fe vacation. They can be booked through Access Santa Fe at 505-412-0472.
Make sure and wander down Canyon Road which is lined with 90 art galleries and many indoor/outdoor cafes. The Santa Fe Southern Railway makes a 36 mile round trip between Santa Fe and Lamy.
There are many museums to discover on your Santa Fe vacation. The Museum of Fine Arts showcases famous Southwestern Artists. For those interested in Native American artifacts and art, try the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture. The unique Museum of International Folk Art displays of large collection of folk art, both local and worldwide. Lovers of Georgia O'Keeffe, the famous Southwest artist, will be happy browsing the museum named after her.
Check out the St Francis Cathedral which houses the oldest Madonna statue in North America. The Loretto Chapel, one of my family's favorite places in Santa Fe, is famous for the "miraculous staircase" built without nails or support beams by a mysterious stranger. The oldest functioning church in the U.S., built in 1610, is San Miguel Mission.
Enjoy the great outdoors at Pecos Wilderness and Santa Fe National Forest with over 1000 miles of hiking trails.
There are 8 Native American Pueblos near Santa Fe. Two that would be great to check out are Nambe Pueblo with beautiful views of the mountains, mesas and high desert. San Idelfonso Pueblo is famous for its etched black pottery.
Santa Fe Inn and Hotel Ideas
If you are looking for inns or hotels for your Santa Fe vacation, there are many choices. Here are some favorites to check out....
- Hotel St. Francis - Ph. 505-983-5700 - gracious, historic hotel, 1880 Victorian hotel, afternoon in elegant lobby, affordable rates
- La Posada de Santa Fe - Ph. 505-986-0000, six acre Santa Fe resort and spa, adobe style luxurious resort with many amenities
- Inn on the Alameda - Intimate, European style inn great for a romantic getaway, delicious breakfast, wine and cheese in afternoon
- El Rey Inn - Ph. 505-982-1931, 86 rooms, Old Mexico feel, outdoor pool, affordable rates
- Corner Inn - Ph. 505-983-6678, romantic inn near Plaza, Colonial charm, breakfast and afternoon tea
- The Madeleine - Ph. 505-983-3465, 1886 3 story Victorian complete with turrets, great for a romantic weekend getaway, lovely comfortable and cozy
- Old Santa Fe Inn - Ph. 505-995-0800, comfortable, good value and location a few blocks from the Plaza
- Santa Fe International Hostel and Pension - Ph. 505-988-1153, cheap Santa Fe lodging, hostel style accommodations
Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast
- El Farolito - Ph. 505-988-1631, intimate and elegant adobe casitas perfect for a romantic getaway, beautiful Southwest ambiance
- Hacienda Las Barrancas - 505-455-2197 country location, quiet and relaxing, relax in the hot tub under the stars
Santa Fe Restaurants
If you are looking for one of the top rated restaurants in Sante Fe, check out the sophisticated Geronimo with its unique New Mexican cuisine. For Italian food, there is Andiamo, a "neighborhood trattoria" using fresh local ingredients in a simple, intimate atmosphere.
The Plaza Cafe opened in 1918 and serves New Mexican and Greek specialties at affordable prices. The popular diner-style restaurant, Tia Sophia's, has good food and cheap prices.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.