Consider Sarasota getaways for your next winter vacation or romantic weekend getaway celebrating a special occasion.
Sarasota is set on a Gulf Coast Bay behind a beautiful chain of long "Key" Islands, seen in the background of the photo above.
This city has a winning combination of culture, restaurants, sights to see and beautiful white sand beaches for great Florida getaways.
Fly into nearby Sarasota airport which is quite small or the busy Tampa airport, which is about 1 1/2 hour North or Sarasota.
Sarasota Vacation Rentals
Be swept away to luxurious Spain in this beautiful one bedroom guesthouse overlooking a lovely pool. Spacious outdoor dining room, Mexican tile throughout, short walk to beaches, pool, high speed internet access, full size kitchen, short 1 minute walk to world famous St Armand's Circle.
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota - Resort type setting and private marina, decor elegant with clean lines, lovely views, pool with waterfall.
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel - on Lido beach, restaurant, pools, volleyball courts...request a gulf view, ground floor room and in a few steps your on the beach, expensive
- Hotel Ranola small hotel with kitchens located downtown near Main Street for Sarasota Getaways near restaurants, harbor and more.
Find the best deal, compare prices, and read what other travelers have to say about hotels in Sarasota
Sarasota Bed and Breakfast
The Cypress Bed and Breakfast is a lovely historic home overlooking the bay, walking distance to town, cocktail hour and great hosts. A unique place to stay on romantic Sarasota getaways.
Things to do in Sarasota
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens - More than 20 gardens on the Bay, including the Butterfly Garden, Koi Pond, Baywalk and more...specializes in air plants and collection of over 6000 orchids
- Mote Aquarium - Research facility features stingrays, sea horses, manatees and shark...cafe and gift shop
- Ringling Circus Museum and Art Museum - Miniature of the old circus, also art museum that features baroque, 19th century, contemporary, bronze sculpture...gift shop and cafe sarasota jungle garden
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens - 10 acre park with gardens, trails, exotic birds and wildlife....animal show, cafe and gift shop
- Boat tours - Sarasota Bay Explorers (at Mote Aquarium) 1 1/2 hour pontoon cruise around bay, guided by a marine biologist and Miyakka Safari Tours, narrated airboat trips through Myakka River State Park.
- For culture lovers, there are several theatres including Asolo Theatre Company and Golden Apple Dinner Theatre, Florida WEst Coast Symphony, Sarasota Opera and the Florida West Coast Symphony
Be sure and check out my favorite beaches on beautiful nearby Anna Maria Island and Bradenton Beach. Also, posh Longboat Key, Lido Key public beach and Siesta Key which was awarded "whitest sand in the world".
Shopping on Sarasota GetawaysCheck out nearby St. Armand's Circle where you will find designer names at over 100 boutiques and shops. Antique lovers will enjoy the Antiques Gallery of Sarasota, with 6500 square feet of a wide variety of items, furniture and accessories.
Sarasota RestaurantsFor romantic Florida Getaways, check out Marina Jacks Restaurant with it's theater-style seating and fantastic panoramic views of the marina, downtown and the Bay. Also, for fine dining there is The Colony Dining Room, an award winning gulf-front restaurant on Longboat Key.
Moore's Stone Crab, located on Longboat Key, is a unique very casual Florida restaurant featuring broiled and fried oysters. It's delicious....I've eaten here!
For a change of pace, try Heinrich's German Grill, a cozy, bistro with great food and German beer, Solorzano's Italian Restaurant, or El Toro Bravo for great Mexican food.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.