Consider Palm Beach getaways if you are looking for a Florida East Coast vacation.
This "island" across the Intracoastal waterway is where the Southern, more tropical, deep blue Caribbean hue to the ocean begins.
Winter average high temperatures are in the mid-70s and beautiful tropical plants abound for perfect Florida getaways.
Palm Beach is known as the "playground for the rich and famous" so keep on the lookout on your Palm Beach Getaways for the many familiar faces that vacation here.
Palm Beach Rentals
Lodging in a Palm Beach rental is a great option, especially if this is a Palm Beach family vacation or two couples are traveling together.
Check out this great selection of Palm Beach vacation rentals.
Palm Beach Hotels
- The Breakers - 140 acre legendary, oceanfront resort in the Italian Renaissance-style, listed on National Register of Historic Places, elegant, grand and very expensive....treat yourself!
- Brazilian Court Hotel - For a great splurge on romantic Florida getaways, try this Boutique hotel with its great service, lovely grounds and elegant decor.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites- next to beach, free breakfast, reasonable rates for Palm Beach getaways.
West Palm Beach Bed and Breakfast
Lovely grounds, pool, comfortable rooms, welcoming hosts and very reasonable rates.
Palm Beach Attractions
- Henry Morrison Flagler Museum - 73 room mansion of Standard Oil founder Henry Flagler, built in l902 and restored to original magnicficance, audiotour included with admission fee.
- Lake Trail - a great way to see the island and its beautiful homes either by bike or walking, get a map from bike shop
- Society of the Four Arts - Beautiful sculpture and botanical gardens, library and children's library, winter season speakers, concerts, films and more.
- The Breakers' Spa - For the price of an (expensive) pedicure or such, you can enjoy a day at the Breakers' pools, private beach, fitness area, spa and restaurants. Pamper yourself!
- Mid-Town Beach - Public beach at the end of Peruvian Avenue.
- West Palm Beach Attractions - Check out the nearby attractions such as Ann Norton Museum or Art and Sculture Gardens, McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary, Rapids Water Park and Peanut Island to name a few.
Palm Beach RestaurantsRomantic Florida Getaways require a splurge at Cafe L'Europe a fine French restaurant with great attention to detail or L'Escalier, at the impressive Breakers Hotel, and its 3 or 5 course prix fixed menu.
For less expensive restaurants go to West Palm Beach and check out Cabana Restaurant "Las Palmas" a Cuban restaurant with great food...try the Empanadas, Orchids of Siam Thai food, or Carmine Giardini's for Italian.
Palm Beach Getaways ShoppingWorth Avenue is the "Rodeo Drive" of Florida with its fancy desinger boutiques that cater to the very rich. City Place in West Palm beach is a shopping center which resembles a European Town.
- Have you been to Palm Beach before? Do you have a favorite hotel or attraction that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your getaway, tell us about it. Review the destination, lodging, attractions, restaurants and/or share a photo.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.