Massachusetts Vacations could include a wide range of choices...for being a fairly small state, it sure has a lot to offer.
There are scenic seaside villages along the coast and on Cape Cod, historic towns and green mountains and valleys in the Western Berkshire Hills.
When to go?
This is a great year round destination.
- Summer, of course, is a very popular time to travel to Massachusetts, especially the coast and beaches, such as Cape Cod.
- Spring is beautiful in Masssachusetts because of the gorgeous forsythia, magnolias, and many spring blooms.
- Fall in New England can't be beat.
- Even in the cold of winter, a weekend at a cozy Bed and Breakfast makes for a great weekend break.
Here are two popular Massachusetts vacations to consider:
Boston Getaway - Boston is a great destination for a weekend break. There are plenty of things to do, you don't have to rent a car and there are a wide variety of hotels and restaurants from which to choose.
This is a popular romantic getaway or girls getaway destination.
Cape Cod Getaway - If you are looking for a New England beach vacation in summer or quiet, cozy romantic weekend at a Bed and Breakfast in winter, consider Cape Cod. It is only a 1-1 1/2 hour drive from Boston.
Another idea for Massachusetts getaways....
This is where the 102 pilgrims on the Mayflower landed in 1620 to establish the first European settlement in the U.S.
Sights here include:
- Plimouth Plantation is a re-creation of the 1627 village of the pilmgrims. Costumed interpreters portray different characters of that time.
- At the harbor is Plymouth Rock where the pilgrims supposedly landed and a replica of their ship, the Mayflower II.
- The Pilgrim Path covers many of the historic sites and stretches along the waterfront and into downtown.
- There is also a sightseeing trolley.
The Best Western Cold Spring Hotel is a nice hotel with lovely grounds, fine rooms, outdoor pool, a free breakfast and reasonable rates.
Another good choice is the John Carver Inn & Spa has comfortable rooms and an indoor theme pool. This is a good choice for a Massachusetts family vacation.
Plymouth Bed and Breakfast
Barbara's Bed and Breakfast is a very affordable B&B with nice rooms and lovely living room with cathedral ceilings and fireplace overlooking the gardens.
More favorite Massachusetts vacations:
- Beautiful green mountains of The Berkshires
- The seaside town of Rockport
- Re-creation of an early 19th century settlement Old Sturbridge Village. We went here with my grandmother when I was a child and I remember being fascinated with this village.
You also might consider other New England getaway ideas by checking out my pages on:
- Newport Rhode Island only a little over an hour from Boston and a fascinating weekend destination
- Maine Getaways...just up the coast a bit.
- Have you been on Massachusetts vacations before? Do you have a favorite town or area that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your Massachusetts getaway, tell us about it. You can even share a photo from your trip.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.