Ireland Getaways Travel Planner
Ireland Getaways ....a great choice for a family vacation, a first trip to Europe (no language problems!), a romantic break or travel to discover your ancestor's homeland.
The beautiful "Emerald Isle" has gorgeous scenery including rolling hills of green, spectacular shoreline, mountains, glens plus ancient archaelogical ruins and interesting cities. Couple that with the friendly Irish people and you have the makings for memorable Ireland getaways.
Travel to Ireland is quite easy as there are non-stop flights from the U.S. and easy connections from other parts of Europe and the UK.
There are many regions to explore on Ireland trips.
- East Coast - highlighted by the capital of Dublin, a fine city to visit.
- Southeast - fertile valleys and sandy beaches plus castles, churches and archaelogical sites.
- Southwest - County Cork with its rugged Atlantic coastline and County Kerry including the famous Ring of Kerry and my favorite Dingle Peninsula, a more remote, rugged area of over 6000 years of historical archeological remains.
- West - counties Galway and the city of Shannon, Mayo and Roscommon with a rocky coastline, golden beaches and many islands.
- Midlands - many mountains and the long flat East Coast
- Northwest - the counties of Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo with rugged mountains along the Atlantic Coast, rivers and lakes, plus a 9000 year old history.
- Northern Ireland - still under British rule, is the land of myths and legends. It includes Belfast, the Glens of Antrim, Giant's Causeway and some very beautiful scenery and ancient history.
With all of these choices, how are you going to choose where to go on your Ireland vacations? Let me help you.....
Favorite Ireland Itinerary
Here's a good itinerary to start with for your Ireland getaways.
Fly into Dublin, and explore the surroundings, then head west toward the Dingle Peninsula (exploring on the way). After spending some time in beautiful Dingle, head toward the area around Shannon and check out the sights, then fly home from Shannon.
You will find detailed information at the links below including hotels, bed and breakfast, sights to see and restaurants.
Dublin - an interesting city with the Wicklow Mountains and Newgrange and other ruins nearby.
Dingle's Slea Head
Dingle Peninsula - a rugged land of peace and tranquility along with many fascinating archaelogical sites.
Check back as more pages and destinations will be added here....or subscribe to Getaway Discoveries or the RSS feed under the navigation bar for updates.
Return to the top of Ireland Getaways