Newport Rhode Island
Hotels in Newport Rhode Island include a wide variety of accommodations from very luxurious to budget.
Newport is a great destination for a weekend getaway!
It has a picturesque harbor, cobbled streets, historic homes, and magnificant mansions!
Consider this beautiful coastal town for a romantic weekend getaway, perfect destination wedding or a summer family vacation in a Newport rental.
Favorite Luxury Hotels in Newport Rhode Island
- Hotel Viking Newport - grand, historic hotel on beautiful Bellevue Avenue
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk Hotel - grace and grandeur in a mansion hotel on the lovely Cliff Walk
- Hyatt Regency Newport - luxurious resort on Goat Island, saltwater pool
- Ocean Cliff Resort - great for an elegant "destination wedding"
- Newport Harbor Hotel - casual, relaxed waterside hotel and marina
Cheap Hotels Newport
Here are some ways to save money on hotels in Newport Rhode Island:
- Go OFF SEASON....you can save quite a bit of money by visiting at off peak times
- Avoid weekends which are sometimes more expensive
- Try some lower cost chain hotels. I have used Hampton Inn Middletown and the Holiday Inn Express Middletown and they were fine. Book far in advance and check AAA, AARP, and military discounts
View Larger Map
Bed and Breakfast Newport
This is one of the most ideal cities in the U.S. for a B&B Weekend Getaway.
There are many beautiful, charming Newport Bed - Breakfast to choose from in this lovely historic town. If you are looking for last minute deals Newport Bed and Breakfast you will probably have to avoid the weekends, holidays and warm weather.
I have stayed in several different Newport B&B.
- Melville House is my favorite. It is in a great location on a quiet historic street....close to downtown and Bellevue Avenue, and not far from the Newport Mansions. This Colonial house was built in 1750 and is on the "National Register Historic Places". It is very homey, cozy and the breakfast is delicious! This is not a fancy B and B, but true to The simpler Colonial style. Two of their rooms share a bathroom, which can cut the cost down a little.
- George Champlin Mason House (401-847-7081) is a large Victorian mansion that is very elegant and decorated in period furnishings. A lovely breakfast is served in the lovely dining room in winter and on the porch in summer. This is a few blocks from Bellevue Avenue.
Now it's your turn.... please share with us here your favorite hotel or Bed and Breakfast in Newport or give us a review when you return
I hope you enjoy perusing these favorite hotels and B&B for your Newport Rhode Island vacation.
Return to the top of Hotels in Newport Rhode Island
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.