Favorite Girls Getaways
Best destinations for fabulous girls getaways
Girlfriend weekends and vacations are very popular today! Imagine the many possibilities for who you could invite...... best friends, girls from work, the card group, girls from church, neighbors, sports moms, college friends, girls in the family and the list goes on.
I have experienced many wonderful "girls in the family" getaways with 3 generations...my mom, my sisters and our daughters
Why are girls getaways so great?
- You are in charge of ONLY YOURSELF, everyone's happiness doesn't depend on you.
- Most likely the group will have similiar interests....and enjoy seeing and doing the same things.
- You deepen those relationships....there's lots of time for talking and sharing.
- Girls love charming B&Bs, relaxing spas, tea in the afternoon.
- Only paying for one airfare, one person for meals and spliting costs of lodging and car....all make for a cheap trip.
First things first....
Here are some questions to talk over with the group
1. Do you want to relax, do nothing (the beach or a spa)?
2. Do you like to shop, sightsee (a bed and breakfast in a small town)?
3. Do you want an active getaway (skiing or hiking)?
4. Will each person book their own airfare?
5. Who will research and book hotels, car, tours and so on?
6. If you need a car, who will drive?
OK, here's the fun part....
Best Destinations for Girls Getaways
Based on what type of vacation your group is interested in, there are many fantastic destinations! Here are some excellent choices with links to the detailed information you'll need:
Newport Rhode Island - This gorgeous harborside town has it all....beauty, history, tons of sights to see, shopping, charming B&Bs and top notch hotels, mansion tours and more.
San Antonio - Stroll the riverwalk and enjoy the feel and sounds of Mexico. There are many lovely hotels, restaurants and sights to see in this unique and beautiful city.
Cotswolds, England - The "heart of England" will capture your heart with its beauty and charming villages, quaint B&Bs and lovely countryside for hiking and exploring.
- For girlfriend weekends in the city, you can't beat the "city by the bay". With its tons of hotels, restaurants, and unique character this is the TOP city getaway.
Anna Maria Island
- If you are looking for winter girls getaways on the beach, you've got to check out this gorgeous long key in the Gulf of Mexico. Relax, lay on the beach, eat seafood, and browse in the cute shops.
Phoenix - Another great winter girlfriend weekend, only in a city, is this popular destination. Golf, pamper yourself at the beautiful spa resorts and shop, shop, shop.
These are my top picks for girls getaways....but if you don't see one that grabs you, check out some of the other interesting destinations here.
We would love to hear from you about a fantastic girlfiend vacation destination or a review when you return home from your getaway.
Return to the top of Girls Getaways