It is also a fun stop on a Texas getaway that includes Austin and/or San Antonio. You will notice ornate Victorian architecture around town.
This Texas Hill Country pioneer town was settled by German immigrants in 1840 and still maintains an obvious German influence.
This is an excellent base for Texas weekend getaways.
Consider relaxing girlfriend getaways or romantic weekend getaways in Fredericksburg.
You will find wineries, lavender fields, theatres, museums, art galleries, over 100 shops and lots of great bed and breakfasts.
For family getaways, add to the above....hiking, fishing, nearby tubing and water park, horseback riding, golf, biking, swimming and more.
When to go? - Each season has its advantages for a Fredericksburg Texas vacation. Spring is Texas wildflower and bluebonnet peak, summer lavender is blooming and peaches are plentiful, fall brings Octoberfest and the harvesting of grapes and winter is the traditional German Christmas Market.
Fredericksburg Texas Lodging
Below you will find the best choices in Fredericksburg Tx lodging including hotels, inns, bed & breakfast and vacation rentals.
Fredericksburg Texas Hotels
- Hangar Hotel - unique hotel at the small airport in Fredericksburg, 40s style, not suitable for kids as there is no pool or activities.
- Hampton Inn Suites Fredericksburg - dependable brand hotel with nice rooms, pool and breakfast....great for a family.
- Friedhelm's Bavaian Inn - great for romantic getaway, German style inn with lovely themed rooms, canopied beds, jacuzzi tub available, Bavarian restaurant
Fredericksburg Texas Bed and Breakfast
- Corner Cottage Bed and Breakfast - lots of nice touches, unique rooms (garden room romantic), breakfast on porch, reasonable rates
- Rose Hill Manor - luxurious B&B in nearby Stonewall TX is great for a girls getaways or romantic getaway, spa packages, romantic restaurant, great views of the Hill Country
- Magnolia House - charming, historic, built in 1923, 7 blocks from Main Street, lovely landscaped grounds with pool
- Two Wee Cottages B&B - romantic weekend, girls weekend, private, quiet and peaceful, garden behind cottages, hot tub, nice amenities
Courtesy of TripAdvisor
Fredericksburg Vacation Rentals
Texas Hill Country
Have you thought about trying a Texas vacation rental?
Basing yourself in a Fredericksburg vacation rental, cottage or cabin is the perfect choice for the best family vacation in Texas, girlfriend weekend or family reunion.
If you are looking for romantic Texas vacation rentals, here is a Fredericksburg rental to check out. This charming 1 bedroom has hot tub, fireplace, screen porch and 42" plasma TV....perfect for a Fredericksburg honeymoon or anniversary!
Check out this complete listing and reviews of vacation rentals in Fredericksburg Texas Hill Country.
Sights to See
- Learn about Fredericksburgs early history by visiting the Pioneer Museum and Fort Martin Scott
- National Museum of the Pacific War - history of World War IIs Pacific campaign
- Rock Box Theater - live show with great music makes for a fun and unique evening on your Fredericksburg Texas vacation.
- Fredericksburg Theater Company - Broadway musicals, chamber music, Shakespeare and other classics
- Enchanted Rock State Park - a huge pink granite dome, one of the largest underground rock formations uncovered by erosion in the U.S.
- Fredericksburg Herb Farm features unusal garden designs and Wildseed Farms has wildflower displays, nature trails and a gift shop
- Nearby...scenic drive to Llano and enjoy Coopers World Famous barbecue; Comfort TX which has 100 historic buildings built before 1910; Enchanted Rock State Park is 18 miles north; Vanishing Texas River Cruise with the Fall Creek Waterfall and tubing on the nearby rivers
- Wineries - a couple of wineries to check out on your Fredericksburg Texas vacation are Becker and Torre di Pietra
Restaurants for a Fredericksburg Texas Vacation
For a romantic weekend getaway, try The Nest Restaurant which has fine food in an elegant setting or the lovely Rosehill Manor Restaurant (see above).
Kelly's located west of downtown is in a charming bungalow. A nice place for lunch is at Altdorf's on the patio or Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe.
If you want to try some German food, consider Friedhelm's Bavaian Inn (above), The Auslander or Altdorf Biergarten.
BarBQ and Rib lovers....there is Cranky Frank's or go over to Llano for the very popular Cooper's BBQ
Check out these reviews for the best restaurants in Fredericksburg Texas
ShoppingThere are plenty of options for shopping on your Fredericksburg Texas vacation, especially those girlfriend getaways.
A few unique ideas...Dooley's 5 10 & 25 is a fun, antique dollar store, Artisans at Rocky Hill for local art and crafts or Antique Mall of Fredericksburg or Lone Star Antique Mall for antique lovers.
- Have you been to Fredericksburg before? Do you have a favorite hotel or attraction that everyone should know about?
- When you return from your getaway, tell us about it. Review the destination, lodging, attractions, restaurants and/or share a photo.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.