"Hidden Gem" of the Gulf Coast
This relatively unknown Island, which is actually a long "Key", is the perfect spot for girlfriend getaways, Florida family vacations or romantic weekend getaways.
We dicovered this gem after my parent's took a vacation here and loved it so much they bought a winter getaway home.
The island is comprised of....from north to south....the city of Anna Maria, Holmes Beach and Bradenton Beach.
Here is why you will love this narrow, peaceful island for your Florida getaways!
- quaint restaurants...instead of fast food places
- beach cottages and lovely condos...instead of big high-rise hotels
- one main road following the beach...instead of busy freeways
- miles of quiet white sand beaches...instead of crowded beaches
Anna Maria Island Lodging and RestaurantsPlaces to stay on AMI
Check out Anna Maria Beach Rentals, other lodging on Anna Maria and Bradenton Beach accommodations, including beach rentals, Florida bungalows, motel and B&B.
Florida Girls Weekend or Girlfriend Vacations
Looking for a great getaway for girlfriends? AMI has plenty of shopping, activities, the arts, day spas and gorgeous beaches for relaxing!
There are LOTS of shops and boutiques to check out on the Island. Great activity for a rainy day or Florida girls weekend.
Besides little shops tucked all over Anna Maria, there are 3 small shopping centers....
- Bayview Plaza - Across from the Anna Maria Island City Pier.
- Holmes Beach Shopping Center on Marina Drive.
- AMI Center on East Bay Drive.
Ride the free Trolley and shop around the whole island.
Also, check out the fun Red Barn in Bradenton - This is a huge flea market and indoor market.
Anna Maria Day Spas
Pamper yourself on your Florida girls getaway or weekend with a day at the spa. Check out these two options....
- Acqua Aveda on the Beach - Winner of the People's Choice Awards for Best Day Spa and Best Hair Salon, 15 different types of massage and body treatment, many different kinds of facial treatments, nail care and even vacation packages.
- Body & Sol Spa and Wellness" - Anna Maria's largest day spa offering massage, skin care, waxing, nails, makeup, hair, yoga classes, acupuncture and more.
- Island Players - See a play at this great little theatre.
- Art Galleries
- Island Gallery West - 5368 Gulf Dr. - Local art & more
- Artist Guild Gallery - Holmes Beach Shopping Center - Local Art and Photography.
- Restless Natives Arts & Crafts>
- AMI Community Chorus and Orchestra.
Anna Maria Island Beaches
- Shelling - Go at low tide and try Bean Point at the Northern end of the Island on Anna Maria Beach.
- Building Sand Castles
Golf and Sporting Activities
- Golf Getaways - There are almost a dozen public golf courses in the Bradenton area alone. The closest....Timber Creek Golf Course (8 miles) 4550 Timber Lane Bradenton, 9 hole par 3 and Manatee County Golf Course (9 miles) 6415 53rd Ave W. Bradenton, 18 hole regulation length
- Tennis - Public tennis courts North of Holmes Beach City Hall.
- Parasailing - For the daring and adventurous - Fun N Sun Parasail 941-795-1000 and Yolo Parasailing 941-792-6000.
- Water Sports
- Florida Water Sports - 941-798-3721.
- Coastal Watersports - 941-778-4969.
- Ultimate Power Sports - 941-761-7433.
- Scuba Diving - Sea Trek Divers - 941-779-1506.
- Bay Walk - Take a hike here, on the Southern end of Anna Maria Island across from Coquina Beach. Paths curve through the nature area with great views and bird watching.
- Scooters - Rent a scooter to explore the Island - Island Scooter Rentals 941-726-3163.
- Biking - Anna Maria is PERFECT for biking....it's flat, sidewalks and quiet side streets. Rent bikes - Beach Bum Billys' - 941-778-3316 & Island Scooter Rentals - 941-726-3163.
Fishing, Boat Rental and Charters
- Anna Maria Fishing Charters
- Legend Charters - 941-794-0652.
- The Rell Crazy - 941-792-6065.
- Dream Catcher Charters - 941-794-5765.
- Uncle Mudfish Charter - 941-238-8925.
- Sailing Charters
- Spice Sailing Charters - 941-704-0773
- Mahina La Sailing Adventures - 941-713-8000.
- Dolphin Watching and Sightseeing
- Lil' Toot Cruises - 941-761-3300
- Capt. Kathe & First Mate Pup-Pup - 941-812-3241.
- Capt. Kim's - 941-920-3307.
Annual Weather Anna Maria Island
- Coldest month - January with an average high of 72 degrees and average low of 51 degrees.
- Warmest month - July with an average high of 91 degrees and average low of 73 degrees.
- Driest month - April with average of 1.83 inches of precipitation.
- Wettest month - August with average of 9.43 inches of precipitation.
Share your Anna Maria Island memories with us!
Have you been to Anna Maria Island or are planning a trip? We would love to hear from you! Share your best tips, reviews and stories here. You can even add your favorite photo.
It's easy....just fill out the form below and then hit the submit button. Don't worry, you will have a chance to see what your submission looks like and then edit it if you'd like.
Here is what other readers have shared...
What Other Readers Have Shared
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Enjoyable Family Boat Ride
Anna Maria Island
We went on an hour boat ride with Captain Kim last month while we were on vacation and loved it. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the local …
Thank you - from Florida
I am visiting Florida right now and want to thank you. Your website has been a great help - full of interesting tips. I loved going to Ana Maria Island …
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.